Giga's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giga's Forum

Rom hacking and RP.

5 posters

Introduction to Gaeden and Appoxia

frostikitti
    frostikitti

Number of posts : 25
    Giga Points : 1220
    Registration date : 2009-03-26

Character sheet
    Character Name 1: Pierce
    Character Name 2:
    Character name 3: Krysta

Introduction to Gaeden and Appoxia Empty Introduction to Gaeden and Appoxia

Post  frostikitti Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:15 am

Gaeden and Appoxia are the two major battlegrounds upon which this game shall be played.

Gaeden is a science-based world in which furries and human beings co-exist relatively harmoniously, and psychological and genetic experimentation has been the core of study for countless ages. In a society largely built around co-operation to further goals, war has never been a high priority, but that is not to say wars have not been waged, and with a vicious fury. Everything that takes place has only a loose guideline, as population has never been a huge problem and therefore neither has supplying it with its basic needs. However, recently supplies have been coming up short, and there have been whispers of strange happenings in the wild areas where extra materials are found.

Enaxis is the capital city of an empire based on religion, in the world of Appoxia. Their god has kept them in a state of confined submission and kept close watch over them for as long as anyone can remember. Many things are not as developed as in Gaeden, and supplies are much more of a problem as the world's deity demands more subjects, but tools of war, espionage, and control are everywhere and the beings in this place are well versed in their use. They are not unintelligent, however; In fact, they can be quite devious and cunning. To solve the growing problem in Enaxis, the god of that world has torn a seam in dimensions in order to steal the copious goods of Gaeden and convert their people, if he deems them worth the effort.

*More will be revealed as the story goes along, but how much will depend on which actions the players take.

Rules and FAQ - in no particular order!

. No godmoding.
    . Play nice.
    . Be literate, please.
    . PM me for city/technology specifics or requests. I don't want uber-powerful weapons or tools setting off the balance of this game.
    . You can play on either side.
    . No super-characters.
    . No magic, elemental manipulation, etc.
    . Telekinesis and similar things are allowed, but run your story by me first! Not everybody can be a science project. Have a good reason for why you should be.

*More will be added if needed.
    Crystal King
    Crystal King
    Admin

Number of posts : 26
    Giga Points : 9001
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Character sheet
    Character Name 1: Crystal King
    Character Name 2: Imelda
    Character name 3: Aurora

Introduction to Gaeden and Appoxia Empty Re: Introduction to Gaeden and Appoxia

Post  Crystal King Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Generic signup activate.
    Character name: Aurora.
    Character Description:
    She's a bunnygirl, that has long blue hair, that reaches down to her lower back. She has light blue eyes that are slightly faded. She's also tall, but not abnormally tall. She usually wears a Navy Blue dress, sleeveless, that is cut in half, from the middle, so her stomach is showing, but everything is still covered. Her dress is rather small, though, and it just barely covers her up. She doesn't like wearing a lot of clothing. She thinks it weighs her down, since one of her traits is that she can run fast. She likes guns. About half of her home is dedicated to her 'armory'. Speaking of armory, She's the owner of a chain of weapons stores called 'The Armory'. The only true reason she wears clothes, however, is to carry her guns. She never leaves home without taking one with her, because she knows a fight is always around the corner, and when the gun doesn't work, she'll do some awesome parkour (wall jumping, ect.) to get around her foes. She likes to mess around with people, whether it'd be showing off her abilities, or sexually. She's even dropped a little acid on her dress once just to find an excuse to remove it.

As you can tell, she's with Gaeden, because she's a bunnygirl. =/

Last edited by Crystal King on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added on some stuff.)
    Palace
    Palace

Number of posts : 60
    Giga Points : 200
    Registration date : 2009-03-21

Character sheet
    Character Name 1: Palace
    Character Name 2: Tama Yoshi
    Character name 3: Raye Drakanor

Post  Palace Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:22 am

I know the rule is to not include a super character, but a lot of good stories have at least 1. And he is evil... I mean, couldn't we include something like an "everyone-controlled" character and such? ...I know it defies a little bit the base of RP, but it sounds like a nice idea.

GIGA EDIT: A character controlled by everyone is actually a pretty stupid idea. It'd end up just like the endless fanfic, except maybe follow the storyline.
    frostikitti
    frostikitti

Character sheet
    Character Name 2:

Post  frostikitti Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:19 pm

True, many stories have super characters, but many others do not and manage just fine. Anyway, an rp does not always have to be about things that are unachievable in reality. There are some amazing things that the human body and mind is capable of, without the super powers. Besides. Who ever said I didn't have a few hidden cards up my sleeve? I always have plenty of action going on behind the scenes in my rps, usually right from the start. The more people play, the higher the chance that you'll see more of it, because each new perspective creates the opportunity to see more of a different angle, right? As far as everyone-controlled characters, I usually only allow that for NPCs. That way players don't get slowed up waiting on someone another person created, and they play a small enough part that usually only one person needs to use them at a time, so there aren't any conflicts over what they will do.

Thanks for running the idea by, though. ^_^
    Demonsul
    Demonsul

Number of posts : 139
    Giga Points : 700
    Registration date : 2009-03-22

Character sheet
    Character Name 1: Demonsul
    Character Name 2: Templar
    Character name 3: CM 2.0

Post  Demonsul Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Character name: Karzun Demonsul.
    Character Description:
    As this is the scientific world, Demonsul has foregone his armor for...well...black clothes. He still wears the black cloak and carries the sword (now infused with electricity), and occasionally he is seen with a customized carbon-rifle too. As little is known about him now as ever, but he is seen by people as a generally average citizen.
    And he keeps space-age-tech battle armor (with helmet) in his apartment.
    Realm: Guess...yeah, it's Gaeden.
    Giga
    Giga
    Admin

Number of posts : 143

Character sheet
    Character Name 1: Giga
    Character Name 2: Corona
    Character name 3: The Dice

Post  Giga Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:06 pm

Character Name: Corona
    Character description: A catgirl, 16. She was one of the first cat-people after changing people when they were babies became public.

She owns a flamethrower. =3
    Realm: Gaeden

Last edited by Giga on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Demonsul
    Demonsul

Character sheet

Post  Demonsul Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:58 am

No surprises on guessing which realm is more popular.

I'll introduce Templar to Appoxia soon. Might wait until this gets moving first.
    Demonsul
    Demonsul

Character sheet

Post  Demonsul Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:05 pm

D-D-D-DOUBLE POST.

Okay, any happenings so we can get this moving? We need some objective to aim our characters for.
    frostikitti
    frostikitti

Character sheet
    Character Name 2:

Post  frostikitti Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:17 pm

As soon as I get some things sorted out, I'll be adding more to my posts. Feel free to break in however and whenever you want. Your objective is your own to form, but if you want something big that everybody can conspire toward, then how about either protecting the places being attacked or trying to make a counter-attack on Appoxia? If you wait a little while, I will have made some new posts regarding Sanatos' movements in Gaeden, and that will create a little more action for you, and motivation for your characters.
    Crystal King
    Crystal King
    Admin

Number of posts : 26

Character sheet
    Character Name 1: Crystal King
    Character Name 2: Imelda
    Character name 3: Aurora

Post  Crystal King Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:31 pm

Introducing a character to Appoxia.
    Name: Imelda. (Proper title is 'High Priest Imelda' and she is referred to as thus by everyone in Appoxia.)
    Description: Wears white robes, and looks quite harmless. She has blond hair that goes to her middle back, with dark brown eyes. She carries a cane with Sanatos's symbol on the top. (Rose with a circle in the middle. On the circle is an 'S') The cane itself looks as harmless as her, but she's actually fought more wars then you'd think. The cane really is a sword, that is revealed by pressing on the circle on the rose. She may not be very powerful, strength-wise, but she's quite strategic and has lead Sanatos and his army to many victories, thus resulting in her promotions.
    frostikitti
    frostikitti

Character sheet
    Character Name 2:

Post  frostikitti Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:53 pm

It has come to my attention that I need to give more info on the Appoxians:
    The Appoxians are not medieval fighters. Their defence did not require as much adaptation over time, so they stuck with armour, although they have tougher materials than we do, as does Gaeden, so they will repel more than light armour would in our world. Their weapons rival those of their opponents, and in some cases are more advanced, although the designs of their weapons have very few similarities to ours. Most of their weapons are based in renewable, easily controlled energy, and have elemental style attacks*. Only the larger cities will be likely to see the more advanced arsenal Appoxia has to offer, such as electro burst cannons or the fire-bug plague (more on them and others when the time comes), but keep the rest of the enemy weaponry relatively updated, ne?

*Instead of, say, explosives and guns.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:24 pm